Locksmithing/Vanguard VS 200

I acquired this safe from my ex as it belonged to her deceased father it has been in storage for several years with the door taped open. i got the combination with it which says start at zero and 4 turns to the right to 21 counting the first turn ? then left 3 times to 89 then twice right to 75 then left till it stops. When i do this only once has it opened and the rest of the time the dial makes an obvious click on last left turn when it reaches zero but other than the one time it doesnt stop and open any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Try reversing the dialing sequence to LRLR.

Any chance you could post a pic?

A few different safe companies used the name Vanguard.

When you dial, don't worry about starting at zero.

Just go to 21 4 times, then 3, 3 times then two times to 75.

Don't worry about "passing" previous numbers.

You might also try adding/subtracting one number to each of the combination numbers in case the ring around the dial hase shifted.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service
Cleveland, OH

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies