Locksmithing/Approx Cost on opening Safes

Came across this site and it is great! I have bought several safes from auctions such as Paragon, Hollon, Allied, etc and I need to get combos for them to re-sell. What is the approx cost for me to get an expert to obtain the combos and do you have any recommendations in Nashville, TN. 37212 -

a couple problems that we need to straighten out to ensure we are both on the same page.

If by indicating "obtaining the combo's", you are referring to contacting the manufacturer to see if they have records of the original combination, that may not be possible.    For example Allied hasn't been around since the 80's, and after their merger to become Allied-Gary, they were acquired by NKL in the early 90's, only to be acquired by FireKing International a couple years later.     There are no records of older Allied safes.

Hollon and Paragon are not manufacturers - as such.    The majority of the safes they sell are made by other companies and relabeled for their sales.    they may or may not have any records of combinations of their safes.

So at this point we are going to assume that records of original combinations are NOT going to be available, meaning the safe has to be opened by a safe technician to either recover or reset the combination.

Cost will vary based on location, safe techs availability, and rating of the safe.   Non rated safes could run you about $350 to $500 to have opened and repaired.    TL-15's could run about $700 to $1000 to have opened and repaired, and TL-30 and above safes could easily run $1000 to $1500 PER lock to open and repair.

Obviously if you have several safes, you may be able to work some kind of quantity discount - mine starts at 10 units, generally, but I've been known to be generous.

The closest company that I would recommend your developing a relationship with would be:

the Safe House
615-255-0500          Mark Brasfield
1134 4th Ave S
Nashville, TN  37210

You can also check your yellow pages under safes and vaults to see if there are any other companies in your area.

Hope this helps,  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)