Locksmithing/After changing new battery CSS SG 6210 wont lock

Question
Lock is SG 6210
It has a handle to open/close. Battery compartment is single 9V at the bottom of the key pad.

Changed the battery.
Found that the lock can be opened and closed using the handle. The keypad seems to be not engaged.

The lock is always open. The bolts move freely with the handle.

Is there any reset or do I have to redo the code etc.

Thanks for he help

Answer
Hi Monty,

I'm sure that you mean an S&G 6120 lock, as S&G didn't make a 6210 series lock.    In fact the 6200 series locks are time locks, not digital combination locks.

Based on your description, it sounds like you have a failed lock - fortunately for you it has failed in the open position and not locked.

There is no "reset" for a failed lock - it needs to be replaced.

Note:   I don't normally sell or recommend the S&G 6120 series of digital locks because of their high failure rates.     

At this point you have two options:
1.   Have a safe technician from a local safe company install a new lock.
2.   make it a DIY project and change the lock yourself.

If you have a trained safe tech change out the lock, you can pretty much use what ever lock that you would like.    If you elect to try to make it a DIY project, there is ONLY one lock that I recommend that is pretty much "plug & play".    However, please note that installation by other than a trained safe technician may void any lock warranty.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.    If necessary feel free to call me direct at:   800-326-4224

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)