Locksmithing/diebold cashguard modern safe

Question
Iam about buy a diebold cashguard locked serial # 05-27595F-08156-03 safe. will the factory give out orig. combo to a bonded safe company. If not what is the least costly way to open it and make usefull again.I will be very happy any advice you may have.

Answer
Hi Lyle,

You may want to hold off on buying this safe as it would have a "NEGATIVE" value, currently.

While you can check with the factory, to my knowledge all of their safes for the past 30 years or so, left the factory set on a single number - "50".    The combination would have been set AFTER it was installed at the original purchaser's location.

While the factory may have something different, they won't even talk to you or discuss a combination with you, as you were not the original purchaser.

You would either need to have a Diebold Rep, check the safe out and look for the combination for you, or you will need to have it opened by a safe technician from a local safe company.

If you are looking for "least costly", your options are fairly limited.    You can test all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations to find the one that opens the lock.    At 500 each day, this will only take you about 5.5 years.

If the safe is a Diebold Cashguard it could be either a TL-15 or a TL-30 safe.    These are higher security ratings than standard safes.    Depending on where you are at and who opens the safe for you, costs could range from about $700 to $1000 to open and repair the TL-15, and from $1000 to $1500 to open and repair the TL-30 safe - plus any necessary parts.

Buying a locked up safe with no combination is not necessarily a smart idea.    Generally if someone called us - we would be charging them between $400 to $600 to haul it away for disposal.     While we may open, repair and sell it, we are assuming all of the repair costs to return it to a working condition - BUT we would NOT pay someone for a locked up safe.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)