Locksmithing/diebold safe lock

Question
Dear Terry
We have an old diebold safe that is open but we do not have the combination so we do not lock it I have the back plate off of the lock but every time I think I have the combination figured out it fools me. the only markings on the safe are the name and patent date of may 1971 on the dial, and on the handle the numbers 35 67406 and on the inside of lock 23727

Answer
Hi Danny,

If you have already attempted to recover the combination with the back cover removed and you aren't able to, then chances are you WILL need to have it recovered or reset by a safe technician from a local safe company.

The cost is usually very reasonable, and doesn't take long.

Check your local yellow pages out under safes & vaults for a local safe company.   If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I might know in your area.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)