Locksmithing/Locksmithing/Victor 1888 no combo

Question
I saw this posting about this safe and a relative has this safe and the code was lost years ago.  This question may have answered in the past;  but how many numbers do we need.  Is it 3 or 4 numbers that I need.  And do we need to go a certain way.  We are willing to get a lock smith but not sure where to start with this.   

Locksmithing/Victor 1888 no combo
Expert: Terry V. Andreasen (Andy) - 4/26/2011

Question

Victor safe

Hello Andy,
I read a previous question and answer about a victor safe from 1888 with no combo. I have the same safe bought at an estate sale for $20 with no combo. I've made the spreadsheet with possible combos and have tried 30 so far with no luck. I was wondering if you've gotten any feedback from anyone about this working or if you have any other info for me. Til then I'll keep trying!

Thanks,

Answer
Hi Mary,

First off, you possibly DON'T have the same safe!   Just because you have a similar one, don't assume that the answer to a question to a previous questioner will work for yours as well.   I never make that assumption and you shouldn't either.

I treat every safe as an individual and try to ensure that my answers or recommendations are specifically suited for YOUR safe.

Victor had several different locks that they used on safes with the Oct. 88 (1888) patent date.   So your safe could have between 320 combinations to 1,000,000 possible combinations.

I would be more than happy to look at your safe, but I will need photos and more info.

As this site is not really photo friendly, I would recommend your sending them directly to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com

Let me take a look at what you actually have, and then we will come up with a plan for you.

Also let me know where you and the safe are located (zip code is fine).  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)