Locksmithing/lost combination

Question
Morning,
I have a problem with a lost combination and the persons Will is locked in the safe! Can you please advise?
Vanguard VS-250 Safe Lost Combination
Glen Phillips

Answer
Hi Glen,

These safes were sold by Sears years ago.  While Sears did sell safes from a couple of different manufactures, I believe these were imported by Center Manufacturing.

Center Manufacturing
540 Goodrich Road, Bellevue, OH 44811
Phone 1-800-377-7736 / Fax 1-419-483-0070
email:   sales@firefyter.com

I don't remember who manufactured these originally but they were imports.

I would recommend your contacting the manufacturer to see if they have any records for your safe.    I don't know how far back their records go, but it is worth a try.

Note:   They will need proof of ownership and the safe serial number to help you out

If the safe does not belong to you, and if you are NOT the executor of the estate, then they probably aren't going to be able to help.   If this is the case you will need to either get an appointment, or obtain a lawyer to represent the deceased, to get a court order to have the safe opened to obtain the will.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)