Locksmithing/Meilink G7 safe issue

Meilink G7 Safe
Meilink G7 Safe  
QUESTION: I purchased my house a year ago and finally got to the basement cleaning.  Set inside of the foundation hidden behind a board is a Meilink G7 2375 safe.  The house was made in 1954.  The safe must of been drilled from a previous owner.  When I turn the dials it seems there are 2 different rotations front one at 24 back one at 54 being the middle point of the curve looking at the drill point.  Not sure how to use this safe though.  Any thoughts on how I can get into it.  I would love to be able to open this thing up maybe get lucky and find something inside... worst case I'll know the combo.

The Meilink G series safes only had a 50 number dial, so I'm not sure what you are referring to as "54".    50 = 0, so I would assume that "your" 54 is actually "4".

I've run the numbers for the basic factory combinations for a "G-7" series door, and they don't match the numbers you have indicated, which brings me to a possible assumption that if your safe was drilled, it may be damaged.

If you want to test dial possible combinations, start with 32-26-2 and subtract 2 from each number (based on the dial) until you have 22 combinations to test.

The dialing sequence is:
3 times left to the first number, 32
2 times right to the second number, 26
1 time left to the third number, 2
1 time right until the dial stops   (if it doesn't that wasn't the correct numbers)

Note:  left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.   Don't count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.

If you still can't get it open, and/or figure out the combo, you may need to have it looked at by a safe technician from a local company, to either figure out the combo or what is wrong with it.    Check your yellow pages under safes & vaults for companies in your area.

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick response.  the best way i can explaine is there are 2 circle peices that move internaly i can see.  The closest to the door is at 24 the further one is at 4.  The only combo that has both based apon ur rec is 4-48-24.  I might not be turning it right though.  I paid close attention to the details of these pieces and they were not drilled meaning those are deffinitly the right numbers for each piece.  I dont fully understand the 3 turn 2 turn 1 turn 1 turn as far as when to stop. I feel like i am so close yet need a little more guidence.  Thank u so much for your help.

Hi Ken,

there should be a total of three wheels inside the lock (circle pieces).

As I mentioned originally, as the lock has previously been drilled, I also have to assume that it may have been damaged or modified.

The instructions that I gave you are based on it having a working lock, with no missing pieces or damage.     If anything else is going on, then my original instructions may not apply.

Plan A:    If you can't figure out what is going on with the lock, and/or recover a working combo, based on observation of the lock through the drilled hole, and/or using the instructions I previously provided, then:

Plan B:    Contact a local safe company to have them check it out and open the safe - hopefully with no further damage.

Once the container is open then you can take a look at the lock to see what is going on, and/or what damage needs repairs.     Unfortunately as parts are NOT available, it may be necessary to fabricate them.

hope this helps.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)