Locksmithing/S&G electronic lock

Question
My safe won't open.

It has a Sargent & Greenleaf e-lock on it. I presume it is a 6120 (has a green band on the ribbon cable.

Without pushing any buttons the lock continuously beeps 3 times every 3.6 seconds and does not stop. Ever. When any key is pressed it does NOT beep or flash it just keeps on doing its 3 beep cycle. I have replaced the keypad and the cycle continues. I have let it beep for 3hrs and it never stopped. There is no viable wear on the ribbon cable. There is no time delay set on the lock either.

I can't find anything in S&G trouble shooting guide that even mentions a condition like this.

What is the cause and remedy?

Thanks in advance to the quick response.

Answer
Hi JW,

If it has a "green band" on the ribbon cable it isn't a 6120 - those have a red band.   You possibly have a ZO2 rotary bolt lock.

I checked my trouble shooting guides and operation manuals for these locks and couldn't find any thing that lists a condition like this either, which would lead me to believe that you have a short some where in the system, possibly in the cable or in the lock circuit board.

I'll have to check some more items tomorrow - you might email me directly at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com   tomorrow to remind me to look.

Sorry I've got no real answer at this time, but I don't recall seeing this problem before.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)