Locksmithing/Can't get my Bumil SD 102 Safe Open

Question

I've got a Bumil SD 102 safe that comes with a key and dial combination that I bought since 2012. I always use the key to open it and I've never fiddled with the dial.

I've not used it since 2013 and moved it to storage. Now I want to use it and the key ain't budging and the safe manual is locked inside the safe.

I'd appreciate if you can give me a default combination (since i never set one from inception) to open it or any other suggestions you might have.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Bryan,

If you have a Bumil with a mechanical dial, and the key lock, BOTH are required to open the safe.    Chances are someone spun the dial off at some point.

As far as a "Default" combination - there is no such thing.

Ever safe is shipped from the factory with a unique combination for that safe.    Generally the importer of the safe should have records of their safes - if they keep them.    So your first course of action would be to contact the company you purchased the safe from.

If they are not available, or don't have the records then you will have to contact the factory, however they generally do NOT give out combinations without some proof of ownership.    They have no idea who you are or what your relationship to the safe is and may not help you.

You can email them at:    Nature@bumilsafe.com      or      info@bumilsafe.com   

If they can't help you with the original combination, then you will need a safe tech from a local safe company to either contact Bumil, or to open the safe for you.

Sorry there isn't a better answer.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)