Locksmithing/Mosler Safe

Question
I read there are possible factory combos depending on age of the safe. We bought a house that had a Mosler in it and would love to open and use it. Its a class fire B No. 79426 class T-20 Burglary. There is also a number on the combo knob 428868.
Thank you,

Answer
Hi Mark,

Sorry but there are no such thing as "factory combinations" - more or less!    The "factory combination" is the combination that YOUR individual safe left the factory set on.   EVERY safe had an individual and unique combination.    There were no "standard" combinations to test if you lost yours.

Next problem is that "Mosler" went out of business (bankrupt) in 2001.   As manufacturer's NEVER publish any info about their safes, including serial number or combination number listings, for obvious security and liability reasons, once they are gone, so are any records for older safes.

This basically leaves you with two options,

1.   You can test all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations that your lock is capable of, or,

2.   You can have it opened, repaired and the combination recovered or reset by a safe technician from a local safe company.    Note:   I never recommend using locksmiths for safe work as they generally don't have the training, knowledge or tools to work on safes.

Check your yellow pages out under "safes & vaults" for a local safe company

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I might know and/or recommend in your area.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)