Locksmithing/Removing the lock on the door

Hello! Please help me. I can not remove the lock from the door. Door lock Ideal Security 1970. There are no screws on the outside is not. Sending photos. I have a hypothesis, but I am afraid to implement them. On the key lock inscription: Ideal Security, St. Paul Min. Thank you, respectfully Eugene.

Hello Eugene,

To remove a double cylinder lock of this brand, turn the key on the inside to expose the small slot opening. Find a steel pin, or allen wrench, that will fit into the slot and push straight in. You will depress a small metal flap, which will allow the inside housing to rotate about 15 degrees to its release position. The screws are then accessible.

I do not answer Safe or automotive questions. Period. I am knowledgeable in almost every area of Locksmithing. This includes locks, keys, lost keys, residential and commercial lockouts, rekeying, masterkeying, high security locks, access control, electric locks, security cameras and home safety. I have been running an online business since 2004 where I sell all types of lock and security hardware to everyone from apartment renters to business owners to the US government. Before that I started a locksmith service in 1999. I deal with many types of security equipment including high security safe locks, heavy duty padlocks, exit devices, biometric readers, electric strikes, magnetic locks, full surface hinges and I only sell what I personally stand behind 100%. The online business has given me a more in-depth look at the locksmithing industry, helping me to learn more about each and every product that I offer, as well as products I don't have but end up finding for customers to solve any issues they have with security or door hardware.

Please don't submit any automotive or safe questions as these aren't areas that I can help in.

I have been Locksmithing since 1999 and own my own Locksmithing business. I have many years of hands-on experience through the many services I have performed for my customers. I've run my business the way I wanted, treating everyone as I would like to be treated and knowing that any customer could be my last if I didn't perform my locksmithing duties as I had promised.

I have a diploma in Masterkeying, Advanced Locksmithing & Locksmithing from Foley-Belsaw.

US government, colleges, schools, city and state governments, large and small corporations, home owners.