Hello, I have a Cannon safe with a SecuRam electronic keypad.  It seemed to be acting slow and difficult to open the door so I decided to install a new battery.  I took the metal ring off and put a new battery in.  It just beeps constantly now and the blue light is on constantly on.  Upon touching a number the two red lights come on with no response or noise to touching the numbers.  The beeping keeps going.  I hope you can help me?  Jim

Hi Jim,

This is one of the reasons I don't sell this lock, it is prone to problems, and not what I consider particularly "user friendly"!

My first recommendation is for you to contact Cannon Safe to discuss your problem to see if they can come up with a solution.   If the safe is still under warranty - this IS going to be your first step.    Any other actions may void the warranty.

Even if your safe and/or lock are not under warranty - these should be your first steps to resolve the issue.

If you have any issues call Cannon at 800-242-1055 EXT 771

You may have a very specific problem with your lock.   If it is a lock issue then it may have to be drilled.   The lock or key pad may be shorted out
You may be in penalty, though it does not sound like it.   During penalty the led's will flash at about 5 second intervals.

You can also contact Securam's tech support at:   http://www.securamsys.com/#!tech-support/cj4p
Securam also has a facebook page under SecuRam Systems, Inc.   You can contact them there as well.

Give Cannon or Securam a call to work through this issue.  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)