Locksmithing/your book

Question
Dear sir. Some years ago you helped me with an old terwillinger safe. Thank you. I am wondering if you are going to finish your book about old safes. I am a collecter of old locks from safes and find it a fascinating subject. If I could go back in time. I would love to be a safe tech. Thank you,  respectfully, David, PSL Florida.

Answer
Hi David,

Yes, I will finish it - I promise.

Unfortunately, as I am not a professional "author", I have a lot of other things that take precedence over the book.   

Because of the size of the service area that I have, I'm on the road working from around 6am until 7pm almost every day.    And of course I have the same "home chores" as everyone else - honey do lists and kids that need help with homework, etc.

The two publishers that I was working with - I've pretty much dumped as they didn't have the same vision for the book that I did.   So at present I'm going to publish it myself.    I've got a professional printing company that we've been discussing options with, and it looks very promising.    I've also discussed book with two Book Binderies.    One of which does limited edition runs, with old world craftsmanship!

When I finish, the book WILL be something that I will be proud to present to you.

There is simply so much research to do, to get as much info as possible, its not frustrating, its just daunting.   I just added 5 more pages this past weekend.

Thank you for "staying on top of me"!    I will get it done relatively soon.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)