Locksmithing/Old safe combo


I have an old safe that has a Federal Equipment Co of Carlisle Penna, USA group 2 combination lock in it. It is open and the back is off the door. I'd like to determine the combination so I could use it. I deally, I'd like to change the combo, but just determining the current combo will suffice.

Without seeing the lock, it's hard to point you in the right direction.

Generally, these locks resemble the S&G 6700 series. There is a lot written about them.

You  would need a "change key" specific to that lock model to change the combination.

If you can take the door off of the safe and take it to a safe tech, that would be your best bet.

The process for recovering the combination is not something I could write down in a few paragraphs.



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dan Terrigno


I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems


35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Awards and Honors
Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Past/Present Clients
Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.