Locksmithing/How to use a Royal Safe R-10PL combination and key.

Question
Royal safe R10PL
Royal safe R10PL  
Sir
My late wife left a safe that she bought and used to me when she died. I have a key for it and the key can open the safe so I can use it.
The safe also has a combination I don't know how to use it or if my late wife ever had it set?
I also found another key that looks like it's certainly a key for the same safe or at least the same make of safe but this key does not work?
Could it be that you have to use the key and combination together??? I really would just like to get some sore of instructions or manual for the use of this safe but understand some safe manufacturers might not give this out.
Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Regards
Darron

Answer
Hi Darron,

These were "Asian" made imports.   The name "Royal" was simply the import name.

Many of these safes came with three keys.   Two of which would work WITH the digital code, and one which might be an override key.   If you can open the container with the key only, that key is possibly the override key.

"IF" the other keys go to this safe, they would turn in the opposite direction of the key you have been using, then you would input the code.    Generally these came from the factory set on four numbers like 1234 or 7777 or 123456.

There should be a small access hole on the back side of the door, which will allow you to press a very small button on the circuit board to reset the code.    Pressing the button will activate an LCD Screen on the front, enter your new code followed by either the * or # key to save it.

If you can't figure out how to reset the code, the just keep using the override key.

Cost to have it worked on or looked at, would possibly cost you more than the container is worth.

As far as manuals for it.   If you can't ID the actual manufacturer, then you might check around for companies who sell this type of safe to see if they have a booklet.   This isn't something that I will have as Royal safes were ONLY sold throughout the UK.

Sorry,

Hope this helps,  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)