Locksmithing/Diebold Vault lock parts or replacement lock

Hi Terry - I'm trying to restore a Diebold vault door to working condition. Hoping for some advice on identifying the lock, and also on parts sources. Diebold is faintly visible through the inside paint. There is no name or serial number on the dial. The bolt handle has a 6 digit serial number but no name. The lock body does not have any identification, and measures 4-1/2 by 3-1/4 by 2 inches. It appears that the bolt was 1-1/4 inch tall. Four wheels. From my limited knowledge, I think I'm missing the fence, bolt, and cover.  Functionality is more important than correctness, so might I be further ahead swapping out the entire lock assembly?  If so, what dimensions and info do I concentrate on for lining up a replacement?  I will send several supporting pictures to your email, as instructed.  Much thanks.

Hi Adam,

I don't know that Diebold had a model number for this lock.    It was either their version of an S&G C-60 series lock, or it was the S&G lock, with their dial.

It appears from the photo that you are missing at least the lock bolt, back cover and cover screw.

Unfortunately, there are no aftermarket parts for these locks, and as they haven't been made in around 100 years, so your options are limited.

I do have a couple of these locks in my parts room, however we do not part them out.   Half a lock doesn't do us any good either.    Cost of the complete lock (no dial or ring) is $500.   Shipping & handling is $20-$30.   

If you are interested you can contact me directly at:  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)