Locksmithing/Diebold Vault lock parts or replacement lock

Question
Lock
Lock  

Dial
Dial  
Hi Terry - I'm trying to restore a Diebold vault door to working condition. Hoping for some advice on identifying the lock, and also on parts sources. Diebold is faintly visible through the inside paint. There is no name or serial number on the dial. The bolt handle has a 6 digit serial number but no name. The lock body does not have any identification, and measures 4-1/2 by 3-1/4 by 2 inches. It appears that the bolt was 1-1/4 inch tall. Four wheels. From my limited knowledge, I think I'm missing the fence, bolt, and cover.  Functionality is more important than correctness, so might I be further ahead swapping out the entire lock assembly?  If so, what dimensions and info do I concentrate on for lining up a replacement?  I will send several supporting pictures to your email, as instructed.  Much thanks.

Answer
Hi Adam,

I don't know that Diebold had a model number for this lock.    It was either their version of an S&G C-60 series lock, or it was the S&G lock, with their dial.

It appears from the photo that you are missing at least the lock bolt, back cover and cover screw.

Unfortunately, there are no aftermarket parts for these locks, and as they haven't been made in around 100 years, so your options are limited.

I do have a couple of these locks in my parts room, however we do not part them out.   Half a lock doesn't do us any good either.    Cost of the complete lock (no dial or ring) is $500.   Shipping & handling is $20-$30.   

If you are interested you can contact me directly at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)