Locksmithing/Can't open my safe

Question
I have a federal equipment , carlisle  safe. I have the combination to my safe and have opened the safe before for some unknown  reason the safe will not open.  After turning the  dial to the last number  the lock stops as before but will not open    can you help.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
If I understand you correctly, the dial stops where it did before but the handle will not turn.

The name Carlisle doesn't come up in our database. Can you post a pic of the whole safe and a closeup of the dial and ring?

Some common reasons for this problem are: Too much stuff in the safe causing the door bolts to bind, a loose screw in the boltworks, a fired external relock device.

Let's figure out which safe you have and I can be more specific.

Thanks,
Dan

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno