Locksmithing/Baldwin lock removal

The spring on the locking handle of my Baldwin lever lock (bald 5255-4020 is broken and needs to be replaced.  The problem is that the handle droops and sometimes prevents the door from latching by keeping pressure on the latch and thus not allowing it to stick out far enough to catch the strike plate.

I have a replacement exterior chassis from baldwin (very easy to work with and lifetime warranty by the way). The problem is I cannot remove the lever and lock cylinder from the old exterior chassis.  There is a tiny hole on the top of the outside lever that looks like it might have a set screw, but poking and shining a light seems to indicate otherwise.  I have everything removed from the door, I just need to remove the old handle/lock cylinder from the old chassis and install it on the new chassis.  

What is the procedure to do this?  (hopefully I've explained it correctly).

Hello Dave,

Most of those have a set screw on the side of the lever.  Use an Allen wrench to loosen it.  Once loose, insert your working key, turn it to the right so that the key is perpendicular To the position it was inserted, poke the small hole with a thin probe to release the lever and pull the lever as you do.

I do not answer Safe or automotive questions. Period. I am knowledgeable in almost every area of Locksmithing. This includes locks, keys, lost keys, residential and commercial lockouts, rekeying, masterkeying, high security locks, access control, electric locks, security cameras and home safety. I have been running an online business since 2004 where I sell all types of lock and security hardware to everyone from apartment renters to business owners to the US government. Before that I started a locksmith service in 1999. I deal with many types of security equipment including high security safe locks, heavy duty padlocks, exit devices, biometric readers, electric strikes, magnetic locks, full surface hinges and I only sell what I personally stand behind 100%. The online business has given me a more in-depth look at the locksmithing industry, helping me to learn more about each and every product that I offer, as well as products I don't have but end up finding for customers to solve any issues they have with security or door hardware.

Please don't submit any automotive or safe questions as these aren't areas that I can help in.

I have been Locksmithing since 1999 and own my own Locksmithing business. I have many years of hands-on experience through the many services I have performed for my customers. I've run my business the way I wanted, treating everyone as I would like to be treated and knowing that any customer could be my last if I didn't perform my locksmithing duties as I had promised.

I have a diploma in Masterkeying, Advanced Locksmithing & Locksmithing from Foley-Belsaw.

US government, colleges, schools, city and state governments, large and small corporations, home owners.