Locksmithing/CSS pad combo

Been a long time since I was in business.
Have a longtime friens who has a CSS touch pad safe. Long time since he opened it and forgot combo.
Seems like there is an emergency code to enter to open one time. Help. Odie

Hi Odie,

While some digital locks may have a Management Reset Code (MRC), many others DO NOT!   Obviously it will depend on whether yours does or doesn't.    These are NOT one time emergency codes, and they have to be programmed in at the time the lock is installed.    If your "friend" does not have the MRC for the lock on his safe, then for all intents and purposes it does not exist.

The lock manufacturer does not program these codes and they have no idea where any given lock might wind up installed at.   Safe Companies generally do not keep track of codes that they set, unless it is part of a contract for a national account.   Even then they would NOT give it to you or your "friend", as they have no way of knowing who you are, or whether or not you even have authorization to work on the safe.

For obvious security and liability reasons, the only way they release them is to a locksmith or safe technician, and even then there may be hoops to jump through, fees to pay, and they simply may not release the info.

As for your "seems like there is an emergency code to enter", in general, there is ONE code programmed into the lock at the time of installation - That code is given to the person in charge of the safe at that time.    If the lock is cable of multiple users or additional codes, it would be up to THAT person to set all of the codes.    All codes for the lock on that safe would be the responsibility of THAT manager or owner, of the safe.
THIS is how the security of the safe is maintained!

If the codes are lost, then the lock may have to be drilled.   Again, you will need a professional safe technician from a local safe company to help you.

Hope this helps,   Check your local yellow pages under safes & vaults for a nearby company.   if you can't find one, let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see whom I might know in your area.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)