Locksmithing/Kwikset Deadbolt

I have a Kwikset deadbolt - it is about 10 years old.  The deadbolt on my door is loose, well, it's actually the plate that is loose, both inside and outside.  I thought I'd just tighten it up, but it is more difficult than I anticipated.  I have taken off the thumb turn, but cannot seem to get the inside plate off.  There are no screws.  There is a little (maybe 1/4") piece of metal on the bottom edge of the plate, but there is no space for it to slide either direction as there is on the bathroom door plate.  I don't want to break or damage anything by using a screwdriver to force it to pop off - is there a better way?

I'm not certain which Kwikset deadbolt you have but it's likely you have the heavier duty model.  Those have an extra plate.

Remove the thumbturn by loosening the set screw under the thumbturn.
Remove the 2 screws that hold the trim plate.
Remove the 2 larger screws with a regular screwdriver.
Remove the plate.
The outside will come out now.

If this doesn't work, take a photo and add it to your reply.

I do not answer Safe or automotive questions. Period. I am knowledgeable in almost every area of Locksmithing. This includes locks, keys, lost keys, residential and commercial lockouts, rekeying, masterkeying, high security locks, access control, electric locks, security cameras and home safety. I have been running an online business since 2004 where I sell all types of lock and security hardware to everyone from apartment renters to business owners to the US government. Before that I started a locksmith service in 1999. I deal with many types of security equipment including high security safe locks, heavy duty padlocks, exit devices, biometric readers, electric strikes, magnetic locks, full surface hinges and I only sell what I personally stand behind 100%. The online business has given me a more in-depth look at the locksmithing industry, helping me to learn more about each and every product that I offer, as well as products I don't have but end up finding for customers to solve any issues they have with security or door hardware.

Please don't submit any automotive or safe questions as these aren't areas that I can help in.

I have been Locksmithing since 1999 and own my own Locksmithing business. I have many years of hands-on experience through the many services I have performed for my customers. I've run my business the way I wanted, treating everyone as I would like to be treated and knowing that any customer could be my last if I didn't perform my locksmithing duties as I had promised.

I have a diploma in Masterkeying, Advanced Locksmithing & Locksmithing from Foley-Belsaw.

US government, colleges, schools, city and state governments, large and small corporations, home owners.