Locksmithing/Locked/Stuck file cabinet

Question
I have 5 drawer vertical file cabinet that seems to be locked.Heres what happened:
The bottom drawer would not close all the way, so I pulled it out.  Then I realized the lock was pushed in, but we dont have a key.  So I called locksmith and had a key made.
Tried the key, still does not open the lock.  It will go in, but won't turn.
The file cabinet is full and up against a wall surrounded by other cabinets, so I cant push it/tip it back.

Do you have any suggestions before damaging the file cabinet?
Thanks!

Answer
Hello Diane,

The key that was made, was it made by code? Is the code correct? Are the cuts on the key correct for the code? Did they come to your location and make the key? If you have a code, what is it?

If the bottom drawer is still open, pull it out completely and try to lift the bar that is inside on the right while someone else tries to pull the top drawer out, carefully though as a full cabinet can tip forward and crush anyone in its path.

If the cabinet is locked and your key doesn't operate the lock, you'll have to get a locksmith to either make the correct key or pick the lock open.

James

Locksmithing

James