Locksmithing/Sentry Safe A3807

A3807 with electronic combination lock...Mechanical problem...I have the right combination, battery good, green "proceed" light comes on...latch won't budge...I just want to get the safe open...have had it 16 years...ready to discard...ready to drill, saw, or whatever to get in...what to do? What is the correct procedure to tool it open?

Hi Eric,

Regardless of how good or bad your safe/container is - for obvious security and liability reasons, we do not provide ANY methods or instructions for "forcing" or "tooling it" open.    Other than the proper dialing sequence or operation of the lock, we can't provide this type of instruction.

Chances are if you've had it around 16 years you were well overdue for a lock failure.   If everything is working correctly but the latch or solenoid will not release, then it may have to be drilled.

My first recommendation would be to check in with the factory tech services to see if they have any options - chances are they are going to tell you to contact a local safe company.

Note:   I would also recommend checking to see if the door is stuck or binding.   Pressure on the bolt work can keep the lock bolt or solenoid from releasing correctly - it doesn't take much pressure.

Push in on the door, and make sure the bolt work is freely moving (as much as possible), then try your code again.

If it still won't open, you have two choices, you can force it open yourself or you can contact a local safe company to do it.

Sorry we can't give out more instructions, but hopefully you understand why.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)