Locksmithing/Unlocking safe

Question
I have a vanguard safe VS70 that was locked several years ago and the combination was lost.  Do you have any recommendations as to how to get it unlocked.  Thanks

Answer
Hi Robert,

If you don't have the combination, then your options are very limited.   These were imported safes - no longer available, and no records exist on them.

1.  you can test dial all of the possible combinations until you come up with one that will open the safe, or

2.  you can have it opened by a safe technician from a local safe company.

Problem is that neither option may be suitable.    Option #1 could take you about 5.5 years if you test 500 combinations each and every day, and option #2 is probably going to cost you more to have it opened and repaired than the safe is worth.

I would recommend you talk to some local safe companies to see what they offer.    Locally, if someone brought a similar safe into my store, and purchased a replacement safe, I would open the safe for a very small labor fee, and dispose of their safe.    I can't guarantee that anyone else would offer this though.

If you don't have anything important in the safe, that you don't need immediately, then option #1 may be the better option.    Make up a spread sheet of ALL the possible test numbers and start dialing.   This could be a family project - kind of like a 1,000,000 piece puzzle.

Sorry, I wish I had a better solution for you.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)