Locksmithing/weight of safe

Question
safe
safe  
QUESTION: I have a 30 year old Fichet red safe. It only has 1 key hole and the hinges are more square. I'm moving and need to know how much it weighs , lbs please.
Thank you in advance for your help. Jim

ANSWER: Hi James,

I'll need its dimensions (HxLxW) both inside and out.    I'll look through my Fichet Bauche Catalogs tomorrow.

Also, if there are any UL or category labels on (or inside) of the safe, I'll need to see them as well.

Inside plate
Inside plate  
QUESTION: Per your request the outside measurments are 17- 1/2" wide x 34" high x 13" deep.
Inside measurment is 16" wide x 22" high x 10" deep.
There is a plate on the inside door that reads.
A2P  Class 2
87 G 5917   Val 01S
Fichet  15C  MASS 460.

Thank you for your hrlp getting the weight for me. Jim Anderson

Answer
Hi James,

While this is an older model, it is very similar to the Fichet-Bauche Biltmore 150, with a Fichet C2C lock.

The Biltmore 150 was a UL TL-30 rated safe, and weighed about 1100 lbs.

As your safe is slightly smaller, and assuming that the "MASS 460" on the safe is the weight, this would be 460 Kilograms which would equal 1014 lbs - which would be RIGHT in the ball park of our estimate of 1100 lbs.

Europe has 11 classification grades from 0,I, II, III, IV - IX, X, so a class 2 safe would basically be the third level.    Their rating system doesn't really equate over to the UL ratings, which is why you don't see many of these safes in the US, unless they also have a UL label.

Hopefully this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)