Locksmithing/Dibold safe lock parts

Question
Lock1
Lock1  

Safe Front
Safe Front  
Hi Andy,

I have been reading some of the questions and your responses. While you might have answered these already I have not come across an exact answer.

1st I have a safe from Diebold Safe and Lock Company, given to me by my mother. While no originally purchased by a family member it has been in the house for many years.

At some point some took the lock apart and removed the locking bolt. Really don't know why since we have the combination.

Am starting to consider a restore of the safe and if I am not able to get the parts I need does not seem to be a good investment.

Would you know anyone willing to sell the missing pieces?
Would you be able to provide me a list of the missing pieces?
Would you know the specifications for the missing parts so I could have a local machine shop make?
And last would you be able to tell me a bit about the history of the make model and where this might have originated?

I have additional images bit was limited to uploading 2

Thanks for your time and assistance.

I have attached some photos of the safe

Answer
Hi George,

I'll have to look through my old parts to see if I have anything, however we do not "part out" locks, which means that we would only sell it as a complete unit.

I'll see what I have for you, but generally these locks can run around $500-$600 and the dials can run around $150, so I would really recommend that you search your house for the missing items.

As for technical drawings of the pieces - they don't exist.   Manufacturers never published any info like this and any patent drawings do not contain measurements.

I can probably come up with a drawing for the lock bolt & lever assembly however I charge for my time for something like this.    It would be much cheaper than buying the lock and dial, but you would still need to have the item made.

I'm not sure WHAT "history" you are looking for.   This was simply one of Diebold's standard fire resistive safes, and as far as where it may have originated - its right on the front of the safe.   The Diebold Safe & Lock Company manufactured safes in Canton, Oh.   If you are looking for a history of THIS safe - sorry, but if you don't have the history no one else will either.   There simply are no records for this type of info.    You will need to be a bit more specific with your request for info.

If you would like a drawing of the lock bolt & lever assembly, please send a request directly to me at:   Andy@securitysafeusa.com    Also, I'll need more photos of the lock and bolt work arrangement that you currently have.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)