Locksmithing/Murphy bed and Door Co.wall safe

Question
Hi, I am doing some research as to any possible default combination for this safe the model # is 44115.

My friends husband passed away and he was the only person with the combo and she needs to obtain paperwork that's inside....If there is no default combo, what does a Safe Tech. typically charge for this service?
THANK YOU

Answer
Hi Joanne,

Sorry, but there is no such thing as "default" combinations.   manufacturers had millions of numbers to choose from, and so there was no reason for them to duplicate or have a "default" number.    Every safe would have had its own individual and unique combination or set of numbers.

The dialing sequence for these safes is as follows:

4 times right to the first number,
3 times left to the second number,
2 times right to the third number,

Pull combination knob and then turn other knob, opening safe.

There are around 512,000 possible combinations for this safe, so you have your work cut out for you to test dial all of them.

Your other option is to contact a safe tech - however, the majority of the safe techs available simply have never worked on these little safes, so you will need to ensure you have someone who is familiar with them.

Cost should be in the $350 to $500 to have it opened AND repaired, recovering the combination and leaving you with a working safe.

Hope this helps,  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)