Locksmithing/USCAN UC 1310B - Lost combination in US

I tried to contact USCAN based on an earlier recommendation you put out, however they will not take calls from the US.  I tried contacting them through their website, but it says they won't respond to emails from non-Canadians, and they don't provide any alternative US contact.

My husband bought this safe from a dealer about 10 years ago, and forgot the provided combination-he only remembers the final number.  I would like to contact the company to get the factory combination for this safe, but don't know how to.  Alternatively, we need the safe opened somehow, even if it ends up destroying the safe (non-preferred option).  

I would appreciate your advice.

Hi Richelle,

You can try the following, he should be able to help you out.

Northwest Safe & Vault Services
206-241-7233          George Thornton
Seattle, WA  98148

George should be fairly close to you, though if he can't help you let me know as I have a couple more references though they are slightly further away.

Hope this helps,

Hi Richelle,

Unfortunately there are numerous manufacturer's with this same attitude.   Once you've purchased the safe, if you have a problem with it, their idea is you need a replacement safe.   Unfortunately, that's part of the reality of buying "inexpensive" (cheap) safes.

This basically leaves you with two options, you can test dial all of the possible combinations until you find the correct one, or you can contact a local safe company or safe tech to have them open the safe for you.
If you find a locksmith or safe technician who even remotely recommends destroying the safe to open it, then I would recommend your continued looking for someone else.    Anyone who indicates that the safe must be destroyed to open it doesn't know what they are doing and should not be used.

Check your yellow pages for a local safe company.    If you don't have one, let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I might know in your area.

Sorry, I can't be of more help.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)