Locksmithing/Yale safe red and yellow lights

I just read your response to Dennis.  I have had my Yale Safe since approx. 1997. Bought it living in Hong Kong so probably made in UK.  No key lock; just keypad.  Has external port for powering the keypad when batteries inside run low.  Getting a strong beep, so batteries are fine.  I have a 4-digit code which has ALWAYS performed well.  I might have gone too fast the last time with the code and consequently I got a yellow and a red light instead of the usual green.  I've spent a month looking for may booklet from when I purchased the safe.  Can't find.  I live between Hilton Head Island and Savannah.  Had a locksmith about 2 or 3 years ago when I couldn't find the external power thingy.  I am guessing it could well be that I stupidly caused the lock to jam.  I would love to find someone who you think could help.  We have our house on the market and I will need to get my jewelry and important documents out before we get it sold. Might even plan on taking the safe with us once again on this next move.   My zipcode is 29910 (Bluffton, SC) and I am also 30 min. from Savannah.

I'm not sure what you have as "Yale" was mainly a lock manufacturer - and NEVER made digital locks.   While there was a "Yale Safe & Iron Company" it would have been much earlier than what you are referencing.   As you indicated you acquired it in "Hong Kong", it may simply be an import - copying the name.

First order of business would be to see what you actually have to try to help you.   While I'm interested to see what safe you actually have, I also need to see the lock to figure .out what you have.    If we can figure out what lock, then we can figure out what you are possibly doing wrong.

Worse case if we can't get it open, then you will still need to have someone "physically" look at it.

Possibly the nearest company that I would recommend would be:

Belden's Safe & Lock Inc.
904-396-2022          Michael Belden
Jacksonville, FL    32247

Yes, I realize he is some distance away, but he is possibly the nearest company that I would recommend.    You can check your yellow pages under "safes & vaults" to see who might be closer to you.

Hope this helps,  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)