Locksmithing/Meilink Wall Safe E650

Question
I'm moving out of my apartment and have got the urge to get into an old Meilink wall safe. It's about a 4 inch diameter front with a single dial on it. The dial goes to 50 and is marked "E650". It says it was manufactured in Toledo, OH.

I saw a previous post at http://en.allexperts.com/q/Locksmithing-3110/2009/6/Combination-Set-Old-Meilink. and was hoping to get similar information.

Thanks for anything you can provide!

Answer
Hi Jason,

Sorry but the info you are referring to was provided for the "G" series Meilink wall safes.    No similar info is available for the "E" series.

Manufacturers NEVER, EVER, EVER publish any of this type of info, so the only way that it gets out is if locksmiths and/or safe men keep records "AND" publish it.    This has never been done with this series of safes.

Meilink is also no longer in business.   They were acquired by FireKing International around 1990.   While FireKing still makes containers under the Meilink label, it is NOT the same company and they only keep records back about 10 years.

This pretty much limits you to TWO options:
Option #1:    You can test dial all of the possible combinations, or
Option #2:    You can contact a local safe company to have them open the safe for you.

Sorry, I wish there was a better option, but if the combinations were readily and freely available, safes really wouldn't be very safe.

If you don't have a local safe company (NOT a locksmith shop), let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I might know and/or recommend in your area.

hope this helps, at least you have a better idea where you stand at this point.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)