Locksmithing/Meilink Wall Safe E650

I'm moving out of my apartment and have got the urge to get into an old Meilink wall safe. It's about a 4 inch diameter front with a single dial on it. The dial goes to 50 and is marked "E650". It says it was manufactured in Toledo, OH.

I saw a previous post at and was hoping to get similar information.

Thanks for anything you can provide!

Hi Jason,

Sorry but the info you are referring to was provided for the "G" series Meilink wall safes.    No similar info is available for the "E" series.

Manufacturers NEVER, EVER, EVER publish any of this type of info, so the only way that it gets out is if locksmiths and/or safe men keep records "AND" publish it.    This has never been done with this series of safes.

Meilink is also no longer in business.   They were acquired by FireKing International around 1990.   While FireKing still makes containers under the Meilink label, it is NOT the same company and they only keep records back about 10 years.

This pretty much limits you to TWO options:
Option #1:    You can test dial all of the possible combinations, or
Option #2:    You can contact a local safe company to have them open the safe for you.

Sorry, I wish there was a better option, but if the combinations were readily and freely available, safes really wouldn't be very safe.

If you don't have a local safe company (NOT a locksmith shop), let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I might know and/or recommend in your area.

hope this helps, at least you have a better idea where you stand at this point.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)