Locksmithing/Federal Equipment Co (Sears) Safe

Question
Safe
Safe  

I recently demo'd our old family home that my dad built.  He is deceased (2005).  He had a safe that was in great shape. I do not have the combination.  I have a serial number which is A297611.  It also has a B stamped into the center of the dial.  I know there is nothing in the safe but I'd like to be able to open and utilize it.  Can you direct me on how to get it opened?

Thank you.
Lisa

Answer
Hi Lisa,

Sears didn't make safes, they simply purchased from several manufacturers and relabeled them with their logo.

Federal Equipment was a lock maker, they didn't make safes.

you basically have two options available,  you dial the 1,000,000 possible test combinations until you find the correct one,  or you can contact a local safe company to have their safe technician open the safe for you.

Check your local yellow pages under safes and vaults for a local safe company. If you don't have one, let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I might know in your area.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)