Locksmithing/ficher safe with key and combo

too safe safe
too safe safe  

safe dial
safe dial  
HI Terry
interestingly i inherited a Fisher Bauche safe
i have the combo 2,3,0,1
but there is no "0" on it...
and they key turning/dial combo and back to '0' are all very confusing instructions i have received
any help would be awesome
sincere thanks
have been trying about 100 times to date and am tired
if it wasnt so heavy would pitch it
many thanks

Hi Boyd,

The safe is actually a "Fichet-Bauche", made in France.

This is a special lock Fichet-Bauche has been using for around 100 years.    The dialing sequence is in two parts.

The dial ring has four positions marked 1 through 4.    Each position has about 10 clicks, using the key.

1.  Place the outer ring at position one, using the key rotate the inner plug, counter clockwise fully, and then count clockwise "two" (2) clicks.
2.  Place the outer ring at position two, then using the key, again rotate the inner plug, counter clockwise fully, and then count clockwise "three" (3) clicks.
3.  Place the outer ring at position three, then using the key, rotate the inner plug, counter clockwise fully and leave it at this position (0).
4.  Place the outer ring at position four, then using the key, rotate the inner plug, counter clockwise fully, and then count clockwise "one" (1) click.

5.  Move the key over to the left hand key hole position, insert it and if everything is correct, when the key rotates, it should retract the bolt work and the door should open.

If the safe still doesn't open, then you either don't have the correct combination, or the numbers are not in the correct sequence.

If you can't get it open using the above sequence and/or the numbers you have, then you will need a trained safe technician, familiar with this lock.

Hope this helps.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)