Locksmithing/rotation of combination safe

Question
I have a Saga saf-dposit safe i have the combination i need the rotation of the dial how many times left or right.

Thanks

George

Answer
Hi George,

Most of the Saga Saf-D-Posite containers used fairly cheap locks that can be dialed both LRLR & RLRL, though the different directions will use different combinations because of the construction of the lock.

There are four variations that you can test, depending on how many numbers you have.   As you didn't provide the combination that you have, I have to cover all four of them here.

If your combination has three numbers the sequence should be:

3 times Left to the first number,
2 times Right to the second number,
1 time Left to the third number,  STOP -  turn the key or handle to open

If this doesn't work, reverse the directions or RLR instead of LRL.

If your combination has four numbers the sequence should be:

4 times Left to the first number,
3 times Right to the second number,
2 times Left to the third number,
1 time Right to the fourth number, STOP - turn the key or handle to open

If this doesn't work, reverse the directions or RLRL instead of LRLR.

Note:   Left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.   DO NOT count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.   For example if your first number is 25 - in the first example - you would turn the dial counter clockwise (LEFT), stopping the THIRD time the number 25 arrives at the index mark.

If it still won't open, then you may not have the correct numbers.   You may need to have it checked out by, and/or opened by a safe technician from a local safe company.

Hope this helps,  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)