Locksmithing/Safe Weight

My company has a Mosler serial# 26267-2 model# 01 safe, we are trying to move it from one state to another.  Can you tell me the dimensions and the weight of this safe?

Hi Candy,

Sorry, but no!

Manufacturers NEVER release or publish ANY info concerning serial numbers etc., for obvious security and liability reasons.    Once a manufacturer goes out of business, this info is lost forever.

As far as the dimensions of the safe - if you have the safe, then you only need a tape measure to obtain these numbers.

As for weight, this is a little more difficult.    In addition to the dimensions of the safe (includes both Exterior and Interior measurements) we would need to know the ratings of the safe and basic construction.
For instance, two identical size safes - one being a burglary resistive safe and one being a fire resistive safe, will have VERY different weights.
For example a cubic foot of concrete weighs around 150 lbs, while a cubic foot of steel weighs around 500 lbs.

If you would like me to do some rough calculations for you, I would be more than happy to, however I will need a couple photos of your safe to determine what you actually have as well as the following measurements:

Height:  ____________  Width: ________________  Depth:  ________________

Height:  ____________  Width:  _______________  Depth:  ________________

Wall Thickness:  ___________________

Photos should include:   overall photo, interior photo, and photos of all labels

Send the above requested photos and measurements directly to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com   and I'll see what I can come up with for you.  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)