Locksmithing/Victor Safe Info

Question
Victor Safe
Victor Safe  

Safe\'s dial
Safe's dial  
Hi Andy, We have an old victor safe that we are trying to get open. We found two different codes on it, the first code is 0559815 , then we found another code on the dial that is 183844 and the three is circled. There is no handle on the safe only a dial and the dial goes up to 99, and it weighs about 400 pounds. We will attach a picture of the safe. Thanks

Answer
Hi John,

I answered your basic request on a previous post.

Serial numbers and information on the safes have nothing to do with the combination.   If manufacturers were to put such info on the exterior of the safe, they would be liable for every safe burglary, and safes wouldn't actually be very safe - would they.

As I mentioned in the previous post - Victor Safe and Lock made their own locks, for their safes.    In some cases the bolt work was operated by a handle and the lock was separate.   In other cases - like your safe, the bolt work is actually retracted by the lock operation.

correct dialing of the lock and bolt retraction also retracts the door bolt work, allowing the safe door to open.

hope this helps

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)