Locksmithing/adesco floor safe MDL SH1412

Question
My home has a floor safe and after 20 plus years of living here I'm finally asking if I can open it? Don't know the combination only MDL # and serial #. thank you

Answer
Hi Mark,

The Adesco line of safes was acquired by FireKing International in the 1990's.    Generally on older brands like this FireKing only keeps the last ten years of records or possibly none at all.

You can contact FireKing International at 800-457-2424 to check with their customer service to see if they have any records for your safe.   Generally in addition to needing the model and serial number they would require some proof of purchase or ownership as well.

If they can't or won't help you, it leaves you with two options - 1.  you can test dial all possible combinations or 2.  you can have a safe technician from a local safe company open the safe and recover or reset the combination for you.

The lock on your safe is capable of about 1,000,000 possible combinations.   Testing 500 each day it will only take you about 5.5 years to test dial all of them.

Cost to open and repair the safe, recovering the combo or resetting it to a new one, could be in the $350 to $500 area.

Check your local yellow pages under "safes & vaults" for nearby companies.   If you don't have any let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I might know and/or recommend in your area.

Hope this helps.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)