Locksmithing/Macey inter-nter safe

Question
Dial
Dial  

back of lock
back of lock  
I have this safe (#526). It has a S&G dial with no change mark. The back of th elock has been removed and the wheel pack is gone. All that is left is the drive cam and the lever and the bolt.  I would like to know how to get a replacement lock.  Not sure how to identify what model S&G I need.

Any help would be appreciated,  Tom

Answer
Hi Tom,

The manufacturer of the safe was probably the Safe Cabinet Company of Marietta, OH., prior to 1926.

The dial is not the original one, it has been replaced at some point.   The original dial was a removable, 50 number dial.   

The lock is possibly an S&G C85 series lock, with Brass case, three "pin-hole" change wheels.   (this is why there is no second index mark on the dial ring.   Changing indices are not required for any hand change type lock, which would include pin-hole type.

The lock is also NOT an "E-lock", which would indicate an "Electronic Lock".    I don't know where you came up that one.

You are probably not going to find parts, and it may be difficult to find a complete replacement lock unless you find a similar safe to use for "donor parts".

I won't be in the office until next Monday, but you can send an email directly to me to remind me to look through my old parts to see if I have one of these old locks available.

Send the email and photos to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com

Hope this helps,  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)