Locksmithing/Herring-Hall-Marvin Dial Replacement

Question
Yale Safe Dial
Yale Safe Dial  
We are hoping to locate a dial replacement for our Herring-Hall-Marvin safe.

Answer
Hi Joan,

What's wrong with the one in the photo????

Or should I ask - what's wrong with yours???

HHM was in business from 1892-1959 when they were acquired out of bankruptcy by Diebold and subsequently closed down.    This means at a minimum - parts have NOT been available for over 55 years.

based on the photo that you have included, you may be looking for a dial that is closer to 100 years old.

While I'm sure there are some dials available they are few and far between, and not cheap.   Depending on the dial, you could be looking at between $100 to $250.

Second item - you can't just say "I'm looking for a dial"!   You need to have some measurements, like the length of the spindle you are looking for???   They type of safe that it came off of!!!   You have to be MUCH more specific.     This is kind of like going into a auto parts store and asking for a tail light for a Ford!    What year, what type, what model, what sub-model, etc. etc. etc.

Get me some more info, and I would be happy to look through my boxes of old parts to see what I might have.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)