Locksmithing/Old Mosler safe

Question
Picture of safe part way twisted
Picture of safe part w  
I've worked on opening this mosler safe and I got the combo right, it clicked and I could move the handle when I twisted the handle the whole mechanism shifted and I realized later that the right side wasn't bolted in. Any ideas of where to go next?

Answer
Hi Daniel,

"Carefully, VERY Carefully!

The door, hinge and bearing plate are going to be extremely heavy.    If you don't remove it carefully it WILL smash what ever is underneath it when it comes off.

Put some 4 x 6's underneath it to give it something to land on.   Possibly use something like a cherry picker (engine hoist), attached to one of the hinge bolt holes, so that it will swing free.

Trying to remove a heavy door that is NOT connected to its hinge and bearing plate is extremely dangerous.

Good luck.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)