Greetings and thanks for your time and expertise. I bid on and won a TannVault Safe. Unfortunately, when picking-up the item, I learned that there is no combination. Its heavy. Guessing 1200-1500#. It has a dial and what appears to be a key slot under a round protective disk/door. It does have a Stock #DV-500 or DV3500. There is a bit of damage to the metal tab.         Serial #16036-96-38(see pictures).
I'd like to have it as a personal safe. How can/should I get it opened and reset? Is this practical? Approx. cost? Where in AZ to take (its in the back of my pick-up) for work?

Thanks again chris

Hi Chris. John Tann made safes both in England and Canada.

Does the combination lock dial push in at zero?

If not, the lock can possibly be manipulated open and the key lock picked.

What major city is the closest?

If you go to Savta.org you can find a list of safe technicians. Not all of them have the same skills.

Could you repost the pics? they didn't come through.

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies