Locksmithing/Floor Safe No Combination

We purchased a house and inherited a square floor safe Manufactured by the Armor Safe Corporation in San Marcos California. Unfortunately the previous owners did not leave the combination with us. I have done some research and I believe they have gone out of buisness as I would have called them with the serial number to get the combination. Is there anyone who has a code book out there? Or can a professional locksmith open the safe so we can use it.? The serial # number on the front is 18648. Thank you for any info that would help us out.

Hi John,

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a code book of combinations!    Manufacturers NEVER publish any records about their safes for obvious security and liability reasons.    When they go out of business their records are pretty much gone as well.

You are correct in that Armor Safe Corp. is out of business, however they are operating under another name (see below).    I have no idea if the new company has any of the old records though.
You will have to contact them to find out.

Armor Safe Technologies
5916 Stone Creek Drive #100
The Colony, TX  75056

The new company doesn't manufacture "safes" like the old company, these are cash management systems now.    Any time companies change ownerships or have a major shift in their product line, the old records eventually fall by the way side, so they may not have any records any longer.

If they can't help you, then you will need a "SAFE TECHNICIAN" (not a locksmith) from a local safe company to assist you in getting the safe open and operational.    This could easily cost you in the $375 to $500 range.

Your other option would be to try to contact previous owners to see if they still have, or remember, the old combination.    Even having some of the combination could help you out.

Check your local yellow pages under "safes & vaults" for local companies.   If you don't have any, then let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see if I know of and/or would recommend anyone in your area.

hope this helps,  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)