Locksmithing/Gary Safe Co. Floor Safe

Question
Safe
Safe  
Terry I saw your remarks on another email regarding a Gary Floor Safe. Our company just bought a building in Bisbee AZ and it has a floor safe.  The owner has no idea how long it has been there & no idea of the combination.  There is a serial #53645 on the name plate.  Any ideas please.
Thanks,
Greg

Answer
Hi Greg,

Interesting - two questions in a row about Gary Safes!!!

This company was in business from the early 1960's until the early 1980's when it was acquired by Allied Security in Seattle.   In the early 1990's it was sold to NKL Industries and then both companies were acquired by FireKing International.   While safes are still built by FireKing under the Gary label, these are NOT the same safes or the same company and NONE of the original files are available.

This basically leaves you with two options:
1.   You can test dial all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations for the safe, until you find the correct one, or
2.   You can contact a local safe company to have them open the safe and either recover or reset the combination for you.

Check your local yellow pages under "safes & vaults" or you can let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I might know in your area.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)