Locksmithing/locked latteral fireking file no key

Question
what is the procedure to change the lock when the file is locked. From what I've been told there is a way to go through the top of the file, and then remove the concrete. What do you do after that and how much of the concrete do you remove? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Answer
Hi Jim,

For obvious security and liability reasons, we don't give out any information on opening safes and security containers.

While containers like the FireKing Files really offer little burglary resistance and are more designed for fire protection of documents, customers still use them as secure storage for sensitive documents etc.

Also as this is a general purpose forum, accessible to anyone, we have no control over who reads any information we post.

Due to these restrictions, the only info we provide are proper unlocking procedures for the locks we would expect to find on the container and/or references to locksmiths or safe technicians in your area.

Sorry, I know this isn't the info that you were hoping to get, but I'm sure that you understand that we have no way of knowing what your relationship to the container is and/or whether or not you have authorization to even work on it.     This in no way indicates that I think you are doing anything illegal, again, we have no way of determining what your motives are.

My recommendation would be for you to contact a local FireKing rep. to have the container opened and/or repaired, or you can contact a local safe company or locksmith to have the container opened.

Again Sorry that I can't provide the information that you are requesting.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)