Locksmithing/locked latteral fireking file no key

what is the procedure to change the lock when the file is locked. From what I've been told there is a way to go through the top of the file, and then remove the concrete. What do you do after that and how much of the concrete do you remove? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Jim,

For obvious security and liability reasons, we don't give out any information on opening safes and security containers.

While containers like the FireKing Files really offer little burglary resistance and are more designed for fire protection of documents, customers still use them as secure storage for sensitive documents etc.

Also as this is a general purpose forum, accessible to anyone, we have no control over who reads any information we post.

Due to these restrictions, the only info we provide are proper unlocking procedures for the locks we would expect to find on the container and/or references to locksmiths or safe technicians in your area.

Sorry, I know this isn't the info that you were hoping to get, but I'm sure that you understand that we have no way of knowing what your relationship to the container is and/or whether or not you have authorization to even work on it.     This in no way indicates that I think you are doing anything illegal, again, we have no way of determining what your motives are.

My recommendation would be for you to contact a local FireKing rep. to have the container opened and/or repaired, or you can contact a local safe company or locksmith to have the container opened.

Again Sorry that I can't provide the information that you are requesting.  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)