Locksmithing/old Meilink wall safe

Question
QUESTION: Hi Terry -
I see you have helped others with their Meilink Wall safes!  We have one in our closet that we would love to open and start using -  right now, its just a cool conversation piece -
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!  G9, 9357.

Thank you!
Jackie

ANSWER: Hi Jackie,

Hopefully the following codes will work, however you will need to do a little math to complete the series.   I'm assuming that your lock has a 50 number dial.

The dialing sequence for the Eagle lock on your safe should be:

3 times Left to the first number,
2 time Right to the second number,
1 time Left to the third number,
1 time right until the dial stops.     The door should open now.

Note:   Left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.   Do not count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.

Start with 28-26-2, then subtract two from each number until you have a total of 22 combinations.   Test dial each one using the sequence above.    Hopefully one of these will work for you.   Note 0=50.

If it doesn't then you will need to have it checked out by a safe tech from a local safe company.    If you don't have one nearby, let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I might know and/or recommend in your area.

Good luck,

QUESTION: Thanks so much Andy!  I really appreciate the point in the right direction.  I also reached out to Fireking today to see what info they needed in case they would have the original combination.  We will give it a go ourselves (till we get frustrated) then move on to step 2.  We are located zip code 60202. Jackie

Answer
Hi Jackie,

If the numbers don't work out you can contact:

Fink Safe & Lock Co.,
773-486-2030          Robert McCown
2311 N Western Ave
Chicago, IL   60647

I don't believe they are very far away from you.

While slightly further away (about 65 miles) another really good safe tech is:

Professional Safe & Lock Service
414 327 5625          John Soderland
5123 West Howard Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53220

Either of these companies should be able to help you.

Good luck,  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)