Locksmithing/safe worth anything

Question
safe
safe  
safe worth anythingit it is a Mosler safe it is 14 inches high by 15 inches deep with two drawers

Answer
Hi John,

Cute little Mosler chest.    Everything is worth "something", to someone!

These little containers were designed to be INTERIOR chests, inside of a larger safe, not as a stand alone unit.

Problems:
1.   Has no fire or heat protection, so it shouldn't be used for document protection.
2.   Has VERY minimal burglary protection, so it shouldn't be used for overnight storage of cash, jewelry or any valuable items.
3.   Because of its small size it can easily be "hauled away", meaning bad guys could steal the safe easily, and open it later.

So when you ask "is it worth anything", the big question is are you planning on USING it, or SELLING it?

If you are interested in using the container, I think that is an excellent idea, as long as you take the "problems" above into consideration.    For instance bolting the safe down so that it can't "walk away"!    Or installing it inside of another safe for extra security.

If you are interested in selling the safe, then "again" based on the above issues, the safe is possible only worth $50 to $150.    You might advertise it for up to $250, but be prepared to lower the asking price down if you need to sell it.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)