Locksmithing/Vietnam era safe

Question
safe
safe  

handle slot
handle slot  
I bought this safe for $50 the other day. I have the combo and it works perfectly. I don't have the handles that go with it. Do you know where might find them, or do you have a picture of what they look like so i can at least know what it is I'm looking for?

-Ben

Answer
Hi Ben,

I don't have any photos of the handles, but as I saw plenty of these containers during my time in the military, I do know what they look like.   

If you send an email directly to me, I can send you a drawing.   Obviously you will have to come up with the measurements, as I don't have a container to measure, available.

email to:     andy@securitysafeusa.com

Don't forget to let me know what the email is concerning, as I'm not going to remember this by tomorrow.

Basically the design is a square/rectangle handle portion (large enough for your hands to fit in), with a tail in the shape of a "T".   The "T" fits into the slot and then turns 90 degrees to lock into place to allow you to pick the container up.    One for each side.    Depending on the weight this would be a two man lift.

If this description doesn't help, then send me the email along with measurements of the slot, and I'll make you a drawing.    If you can't fabricate the handles, let me know as I can make them up, though I'm not sure of the cost at this point.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)