Locksmithing/yale & towne padlock key

Question
Hello James

I recently bought a nice vintage bronze padlock that actually CAME with two keys.

But since I want to use it to lock the door of our cottage I would feel more comfortable having a couple of extra keys.

Is it still possible to cut vintage keys? Flat with a sort of cloverleaf top. The keys have the number F89.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Carl

Answer
Hello Carl,

Without seeing the key I can't answer that.

Take the lock and key(s) to a locksmith shop and they should be able to tell you if they or someone else can make more keys for you.

If you can't find any local locksmiths have can help, try www.charleslocksmith.com as they used to deal in old locks and may still.

James

Locksmithing

James