Locksmithing/Brinks 5054D home safe

Question
I am unable to open my 5054D 063527 safe.  I have the key and I know the pass code.  I replaced batteries but I still can not get it opened.  Can you help me???  Thank you in advance.

Bev

Answer
Hi Beverly,

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I've been on the road a lot lately.

My first recommendation would be to replace the batteries again.   The majority of the problems that I see with digital locks are battery related.   Get BRAND NEW ones from a store which sells a lot of batteries so that you know you are getting fresh ones.   ALSO, Energizer or Duracell ALKALINE only.

If you change them again and it still doesn't operate, then you may have a problem with the electronics.    Unfortunately, the safe that you have is (and I'm being gentle) an "inexpensive" import from China or Korea.    The company that imports these safes is called SISCO, you can "TRY" to contact them, however they aren't very good at responding.

Honeywell / Sisco Products
2835 East Ana Street
Compton, CA  90221
800-323-8566,  310-638-1182,    310-638-6489 fax
customersupport@siscoproducts.com

If you can't get any response from them, then you may need to have it checked out by a safe technician at a local safe company - THOUGH, cost to have it checked out and/or opened may cost more than it is worth.

Digital locks are really easy as far as service techs are concerned - they either work or they don't work - there is VERY little in between.    If it doesn't work, we replace the lock, if it works - you probably wouldn't be calling!

So back to step one - change batteries, again and make sure they are new, fresh, good quality ALKALINE only batteries.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)