Locksmithing/Brinks 5054D home safe

I am unable to open my 5054D 063527 safe.  I have the key and I know the pass code.  I replaced batteries but I still can not get it opened.  Can you help me???  Thank you in advance.

Hi Beverly,

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I've been on the road a lot lately.

My first recommendation would be to replace the batteries again.   The majority of the problems that I see with digital locks are battery related.   Get BRAND NEW ones from a store which sells a lot of batteries so that you know you are getting fresh ones.   ALSO, Energizer or Duracell ALKALINE only.

If you change them again and it still doesn't operate, then you may have a problem with the electronics.    Unfortunately, the safe that you have is (and I'm being gentle) an "inexpensive" import from China or Korea.    The company that imports these safes is called SISCO, you can "TRY" to contact them, however they aren't very good at responding.

Honeywell / Sisco Products
2835 East Ana Street
Compton, CA  90221
800-323-8566,  310-638-1182,    310-638-6489 fax

If you can't get any response from them, then you may need to have it checked out by a safe technician at a local safe company - THOUGH, cost to have it checked out and/or opened may cost more than it is worth.

Digital locks are really easy as far as service techs are concerned - they either work or they don't work - there is VERY little in between.    If it doesn't work, we replace the lock, if it works - you probably wouldn't be calling!

So back to step one - change batteries, again and make sure they are new, fresh, good quality ALKALINE only batteries.

Hope this helps,

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)