Locksmithing/Protectall Safe

I have a Protectall Safe which I have lost the combination to. I need to know if there is a safe company or someone in my area that you could recommend to help me get it open.  I live in Irvington (40146)KY which is about an hour from Louisville Ky.

Hi Sherry,

Unfortunately the nearest companies that I know of and/or would recommend are going to be about 90-100 miles away from you.   You can check your local yellow pages under "safes & vaults" to see if you have anyone closer.

You can contact the following to see if they can help you:

Arnold's Safe & Lock          about 110 miles away
615-286-5625          JAMES ARNOLD
420 East Sunset Dr.
Lebanon, TN.  37087

AAA SYSTEMS          about 60 miles away
270-842-1443          KEVIN BASKETTE
1101 Shive Ln.
Bowling Green, KY  42103

note:   I don't personally know either of the above two individuals, so discuss the project with them.    If they know what they are doing, they should be able to give you a flat quote to open and repair the safe - without destroying it or the lock!!!

The Safe House          about 120 miles away
615-255-0500          MARK BRASFIELD
1134 4th Ave S
Nashville, TN  37210

Mark has done work for me before, so I know that he can take care of you, however he is further away than the other two.

If you have any questions about their services please run them by me first.

Hope this helps,

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)