Locksmithing/School Safe

Our Cincinnatus Central School Safe needs service work and I am looking for someone who works on Herring Hall Marvin Safes.  Could you help me with my search for a service person in the Cincinnatus, NY 13040 area?
Michael Aiken

Hi Michael.

Most Safe Techs are used to driving quite a distance to work on safes and vault doors, which is likely going to be the case, as there aren't many trained safe techs near you.    While there are several really good safe techs in the New York state area, it IS a really large state!

One of the best that I can recommend in the Albany area (around 115 miles) is:

LaBarge Safe Technicians
518-271-0783          Dave LaBarge
801 24th Street
Watervliet, New York  12189

Dave is also an antique safe & vault specialist, so working on older doors like yours isn't an issue.

Another really good safe tech in the Buffalo area (about 150 miles) is:

Marks Safe & Lock
716-553-6168          Mark Swetland
441 Cherokee Dr
Cheektowaga, NY  14225

Both of these guys are the best in your area.    There may be a number of smaller companies or other guys, but none that I personally know and/or would recommend.    You can contact either or both of these guys to discuss the work that you need done - if they can't help you, they may know of someone closer.

Hope this helps  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)